Saturday, August 28, 2010

Question from @sunjammers via Twitter

Q: How much do you tip?
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

A: Great question! Just like at a restaurant, it depends on the service and location. Most people generally leave 10-20%, but I have (and some of my colleagues) have gotten 35-40%! If the massage is given in an upscale spa, tips are generally expected especially considering that the therapist are paid a fairly low commission rate. Working in the medical field, I have learned not to expect a tip. Clients see you as a doctors, physical therapy or chiropractors visit, so generally they just don't think about tipping. I don't take offense to it because I would much rather them "tip" me by re-booking their appointments, becoming regular, consistent clients and letting everyone know about their awesome massage therapist then a monetary tip.

No comments:

Post a Comment